Wednesday, September 17, 2008

TEAM BIO- KERRIE ROOTSEY

My name is Kerrie and I'm probably one of the oldest members of the team at 51 and no, I don't mind admitting it. I was born and raised right here in Adelaide. I have been stamping and card making for many years utilizing many different forms of the craft.

I had actually gone off stamping because I wasn't getting any inspiration from the stamps I had or those that I found in shops. Late last year, a friend showed me a flyer advertising Roz's craft fair at Elizabeth and I gave her a call asking if I could be sent a catalogue. Well, it arrived a few days later and I was over the moon about the wonderful stamps and other things in it. Without even touching a Stampin' Up! stamp set, I decided I needed to join, even if only to get my own stamps at a discount. So, that means I have been a member of the team for almost 12 months now.

I guess you would class me as somewhere between a hobbist and a business demonstrator, I do a couple of demos a month generally as that is about all I can cope with along with everything else I do and the fact that I don't drive also makes it a bit harder for me to do more. I also do a couple of voluntary activies which take up some of my time, but I like doing them or I wouldn't have stayed so long. I love SU stamps because they come in sets and you have everything you need in just one set to create a number of projects, no need to go searching for just the right leaf to go with the flower you have. I guess that's about enough from me but if you have any questions, just email me on kerren9@bigpond.com and I'll do my best to answer them.

No comments: