Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Card Picks from Julia Emms



Card by Jenny Soulsby:

Julia says: "Ahhh, Christmas.... my favourite time of the year (and creeping up on us so quickly!). I absolutely love how Jenny has used the background tree image of the two-step tree from Solemn Stillness and stamped it repeatedly with varying amounts of ink to create the Christmas Tree forest and I like the inked edges of the cardstock. This helps to blend all the greens together. She has made a very classy card and it reminds me of the stillness and peacefulness of a snowy day. Also, is that just a hint of glitter on the trees? A beautiful card, Jenny!"


Card by Jacqui Corbett:

Julia says: "This is a beautiful card made by Jacqui. Personally, I love the swirly and filligree-styled stamps, so I felt attracted to it straight away. The choice of colour is wonderful and I love the hint of the small flower image in amongst the main stamped image. Again, thanks to Stampin' Up! the Grosgrain ribbon is a perfect match to the card and ink, and finishes the card off perfectly! A beautiful card! Simple, yet high impact."

Card by Juliann Williams:

Julia says: "This card is a favourite of mine - for a number of reasons: I just love the chocolate colour of the card and ink, and the white makes the images very crisp. I love monochromatic cards as they are very simple to create and have a big WOW factor! The design is great too - at first glance, I thought that the roller was a Jumbo wheel, but it is in fact the regular wheel used twice for a Fantastic effect. Lovely!"

No comments: