Thursday, September 18, 2008

TEAM BIO - Jacqui Corbett

My name is Jacqui Corbett. I’m 32 and live in Woodcroft, South Australia. My husband and I have been married for 18 months but have been together over 14 years!We have three children aged six, three and eight months. I am very busy but as a working mum I need an outlet that is all mine.


When the routine of the day is done and the kids are in bed I unwind by playing around with my craft stuff – in peace!

I began cardmaking when my friend Tracie invited me to a craft workshop and I fell in love instantly. Some of my earliest works are quite embarrassing when I look back! Until I met Roz and Stampin’ Up! I would spend a lot more time and money trying to find card, stamps and embellishments that worked together. Roz opened up a whole new world of simplicity to me. How genius! A huge selection of stamp SETS with cardstock, ribbon, eyelets, brads……everything matches!


And then there was the catalogue! I wore my first one out! It had post-it notes hanging out everywhere. I had lists of things I wanted to buy and techniques I wanted to try.In the next year my friend Tracie joined. I held back another six months or so - my reservations at holding parties weighing on my mind.


I was crazy to think I couldn’t do it. I’ve worked in a bank. Sales and customer service are major requirements. After my first party I knew I had a fulfilling hobby I could earn money from and fund my craft habit. I don’t spend hours and hours banging away at a fruitless job. Oh – yes I do! I also work two days in a surgery!


But my point is that being a Demonstrator has enhanced my love of craft. I’ve met a great bunch of girls to share this love with and I get to share it with others too. I can decide how much time I want to put into my business and how much I want to earn. It’s perfect for someone like me who can’t work solidly every month. My best advice to anyone considering joining is don’t wait until you have a whole room full of stuff you could have bought at 20% off!


I love the fact we all contribute to this blog and share our ideas. We really are a great team and many of us also have our own blogs to showcase our creativity.


Thanks for visiting and please check back often.

No comments: